Friday, February 4, 2011

Offended by generic Pepto

***WARNING*** not stamping related! 

Don't worry, this is not a gross story.  You can precede to read-



After reading last night, I laid down to go to sleep and started to get the most awful heartburn.  It felt like someone was ripping me from my throat to my stomach.  After several attempts at getting comfortable, I took my Kindle into the bathroom so I wouldn't disturb hubby.  While reading and burping and holding a hot rag on my chest (which doesn't work by the way!), I couldn't believe that the 2 pieces of pizza minus the crust I had earlier could have put me in such pain.  After my husband askes if I'm ok, I precede to tell him I'm dying of heartburn and need some pepto.  He trys to tell me pepto is not for heartburn.  "The heck it ain't" I say.  It says it right on the bottle. 

So he goes to get the bottle from the medicine cabinet (more to prove me wrong then to actually get it to help me I think) and once again I am right.  It's for heartburn too.  Na Na Na Na boo boo.

So after drinking probably more than my fair share of the generic pepto,  (which didn't end up working either) I am reading the label to make sure I can be taking it with my other prescription meds.  I know, I know, I should've been doing that first.  But I couldn't think straight through the fire in my chest.  So forgive me.

So I'm reading the label and I see this.....
RELIEVES DIARRHEA, TRAVELERS DIARRHEA, HELPS FIRM STOOL, REDUCES NUMBER OF BOWEL MOVEMENTS, RELIEVES UPSET STOMACH ASSOCIATED WITH NAUSEA, HEARTBURN, FULLNESS, BELCHING AND GAS DUE TO OVERINDULGENCE IN FOOD AND DRINK.

 Overindulgence!  Since when  is the toppings off two slices of pizza considered overindulgence?  I'm very offended.  I'm far from an over-eater. 

Does that mean I brought this upon myself?  I sure hope not or else my chili dog w/ cheese and onions I just had for lunch might think I need some help from the thick yucky pink stuff again.  Only, I don't think I'll give it the satisfaction of being completely useless tonight.


Thanks for letting me vent-I feel better.

J

1 comment:

  1. lol yay I agree since when is 2 slices over indulgence!!! Hope the heartburn is gone. I followed over from the Stampin Connection thread I am #207 please follow me.

    Thank you!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment!