Thursday, February 17, 2011

I've found a new love..........

Vintage.......totally not my crafting style.  In fact, I can say quite comfortably that I've never made a card or project that has that "vintage feel".  But lately I've fallen in love with some samples I've seen on the internet that are totally vintage looking.  So I told myself while trying to go to sleep last night:
"self-you need to challenge yourself to make something vintage."
So that was my goal this morning.  Attempt my hand at vintage and see how it goes. 
It's been a long time since I've done a "quilted top note" card so I thought I could tie that in.  Afterall, who doesn't love the comfort and feel of an old vintage quilt curled up around you?

So here's how you make a "quilted Top Note":

1. Punch out several squares with your square punch from various coordinating DSP and Cardstock.

2. On a piece of 5"x6" copy paper, arrange the squares as you like and glue them down.  Don't worry if they hang over-it will be cut off.

3. Put the copy paper with the glued on squares onto the TOP NOTE die and run it through the BIG SHOT. 

For mine, I went a few extra miles.  After punching the squares, I laid them out onto an embossing folder and ran them through the BIG SHOT. 

Then I sponged the edges and tops of the squares (to make the embossing lines "pop" with CRUMB CAKE ink.  Then I glued them down onto the copy paper and cut out the TOP NOTE. 

For the rest of the card, I "scrunched" up some CRUMB CAKE SEAM BINDING (occasions mini), and stamped "birthday" from the stamp set FABULOUS PHRASES.  I punched it all the way to the right with the MODERN LABEL PUNCH, then folded the left side over.  SLid in some LINEN THREAD and tied it to the SEAM BINDING.

We won't talk about how long it took me to make this card..........it was well worth the time though!

~J
Hope you like the card!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE this one! One of my favorites for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that card!! I do however love anything that is vintage. I am following you via SC #344 on the list.
    Carrie Sampsel
    www.carriesscrapyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love this card! We should do this at club!! My mom would love it, she's a quilter! See ya soon!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment!